Academy for Business in Childcare Development (ABCD) Program
Consistent with The Greenhouse’s mission to provide entrepreneurs with the education, resources and support necessary to thrive in today’s economy, The Greenhouse is collaborated with the Early Learning Coalition (ELC) to develop and deliver business training curriculum to childcare center directors in the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (CRA). This training will provide the necessary tools for strengthening the financial viability, growth potential and independence of the childcare centers in the CRA, in turn enhancing the center’s sustainability and increasing resources available for child development.Successful completion of the ABCD Program will result in individual incentive awards of $250, as well as a center award of $1,000. An additional incentive of up to $10,000 per center may also be available through Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Grant funding.
- The Academy is (8) weeks in length and has been designed with leadership in mind. Each participating center will have two participants – the center owner/director and one key staff person in a leadership position. Approximately 16 leaders (or 8 centers) will be participating in the first cohort of this pilot program.
- Successful completion will result in incentives for the represented centers and training participants.
- The training is offered at no-cost and CEUs are available for participants to earn.
- A lunch will be provided at each session.
The curriculum will be presented and facilitated by a diverse group of subject matter experts with experience in their respective areas of business and/or child care management expertise, as well as engaging communication skills and abilities.
Core program learning objectives include:
- Legal Concepts
- Insurance Concepts
- Management & Personnel
- Cash Flow & Budgeting
- Accounting, Best Practices in Finance, and Grants
- Business Research
- Lean Canvas Business Planning
- SMART Goals